Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Weighty Issues

Yeah, bad pun in the title. So here's the deal: Back in high school I was 160 pounds as a freshman, 135-150 pounds as a sophomore, and closing in on 200 pounds in my junior and senior years. When I was 155-ish pounds or below, I looked fantastic.

I'm currently at 152 pounds, and I have probably five pounds of loose skin on me. But even though I'm technically the same weight I was when I was in high school, I feel like I look a lot worse. My calves are bigger (ok, I shouldn't feel bad about that, because they're incredibly muscular now from all the running and whatnot), my stomach is bigger (a good amount of that is loose skin), etc. Actually, except for those two areas I feel pretty good. And even my calves I feel good about. I just wish they were a TINY bit smaller.

My original Weight Watchers goal weight was 145 pounds. As I dropped pounds, I decided to lower my goal to 133 pounds. At 133 pounds I wouldn't be overweight anymore (I'm only 5'1"), plus it would mean that I've lost exactly half my weight.

But my body isn't cooperating. For a few months now I've been bouncing around the 150's, which I hadn't seen since I was 16. I just CANNOT get below 152.

At what point do I say, "Ok, I'm really healthy, my weight is pretty decent, and I've lost over 100 pounds, so I should go into maintenance"?

I know that a tummy tuck might change things completely. It might make me realize that my weight, as is, is fine. And it would also probably remove a few pounds.

I don't know. I won't starve or do anything drastic to get below 150 pounds, but I'm feeling sort of discouraged lately.

No comments: