Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long, rambling post

Much fun was had this weekend. So much, in fact, that I almost didn't mind coming in to work today.

On Saturday, Keith and I went to the Domes and de-stressed among the flora. From there we headed to Jujutsu. I got to be the Sempai! There were only two other people in class, but hey...

I did a pretty good job. We got lightly scolded by Sensei for not having our KJJR patches on our gi tops yet, and told that we better have them on by the next time he sees us, which is tonight. "Hai, Sensei." Needless to say, today I have with me my gi top, my patch, some black thread (couldn't find it at first, until I checked my sewing machine...duh), and a couple of needles. Because that patch looks pretty thick.

That night we went to see Pirates, which was fun. On Sunday, John and I spent the night at the hotel, which conveniently has a waterpark attached to it, so John, Keith and I spent a few hours there yesterday. Hauling a tube up several flights of stairs multiple times can INDEED be considered ninja training, as can pulling John and Keith under the waterfall whilst going through the lazy river, despite their almost laughable attempts to avoid it.

When we got done with that, we grilled out. Now, I have NEVER grilled out before. I've eaten food that others have grilled, but I've never actually been the one to cook the food. And I have to say, I think I've found my niche. My mom calls me the queen of nuke (microwave reference), but I made corn on the cob last night that was PERFECT. I also made veggie burgers, soy dogs, portabella mushrooms, onions, and biscuits, all of which came out yummy. I need to use the grill more often.

And then I started a new Star Wars campaign. I've DMd plenty of times before, but never for the d6 Star Wars RPG. But John was practically begging to actually play in one rather than just run it, so I got them started on their characters, and ran a mini-session last night that they liked. After John left, Keith and I took a long walk, went through our current Jujutsu level (testing is going to be any day now, I hope), and just chatted about random things.

All in all, a very busy but fun Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: