Thursday, May 24, 2007

Maybe binging IS Ninja training

Ok, so maybe binging itself isn't ninja training, but getting back on track certainly is. Even though it's hard to get past the mentality of "I already messed up, so why bother trying to fix it now?" I've always managed to get back on track the very next day after having a binge.

That mentality, however, is the reason so many people continue to put off making healthy lifestyle changes. They mess up one day, and feel like their week is blown. They always say they're going to start Monday, but that magical, life-changing day never comes. Each moment is an opportunity in which to make amends, to make things right.

On a totally unrelated note, my darling boyfriend John donated blood for the first time on Tuesday, which was our 3-year anniversary. I'm very proud of him. Even though I didn't benefit directly from it, I still see it as a beautiful gift to commemorate our anniversary.

One more tangent: Keith and I are now signed up for TWO more 5Ks. This running stuff is getting addictive. Between it and Jujutsu, I can't see myself ever getting out of shape again.

No comments: