Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What to wear to the Ren Faire?

It occurred to me last night that the Ren Faire opens in a month and a half. And I've undergrown my bodice, chemise, skirt, etc. Crap.

So I need to figure out 1) what to go as, 2) what to wear, and 3) how to acquire new garb. My skills with a sewing machine aren't quite laughable, but it'd be more productive of me to just work and give money to someone else who has much skill at creating things. Not to mention that the power supply/foot cord to my sewing machine is missing, so it's a moot point anyway.

Pirates 3 naturally makes me want to do the pirate thing. But a lot of people are still doing the pirate thing. Although I *did* like Elizabeth Swann's wardrobe in Pirates 3. Very drool-worthy. But I think I've narrowed it down to a kunoichi or a samurai, sans armor. Now, if I went with the latter, I'd almost already have the outfit. I have a heavy weapons top, hakama, a black obi, bokto, hanbo, jo, etc. However, I have those things because I use them in Weapons class, and I know Sensei would have my hide if I wore my black obi or my hakama outside of class.

But that doesn't mean I can't buy ANOTHER hakama just for use for the Ren Faire.

The kunoichi is a different matter completely. I think I could easily do that one, but no one would know what the heck I am. Well, most people wouldn't. And while it fits in with the period, it's not Elizabethan.

So I'm still thinking about this one.

No comments: