Sunday, May 27, 2007

On Friday I got to work about 20 or so minutes early, due to no traffic because of the long Memorial Day weekend. AND I found a close parking spot in the garage. So I got out, walked the few feet toward the doors, and saw a barely fledging-aged baby bird huddled near the tire of another car, shivering really badly.

So naturally, because the baby didn't look to be doing so well, I scooped him up, put him in a towel in my car, cranked the heat up, and took him to the Humane Society. Once there, I saw them put the baby in an incubator, filled out a donation card (because I can't just take animals there and not make a donation, even though they already get money from me monthly), and headed *back* to work.

Lost the parking space, which figured, but isn't a big deal, and ended up 10 minutes late, which again isn't a big deal as I'm salaried, and pretty much make my own hours. But it does figure. Ah well. At least I know that the baby bird is doing a lot better.

Friday night was fun. Weapons class was intense, as it has been for the past several weeks. Even though the bokto still feels heavy sometime, I do definitely think I'm getting stronger, and I can see marked improvement in my pecs and arms. The definition is coming along.

Today John and I are going to a really nice hotel for the night, and tomorrow we'll be playing at the waterpark, which is conveniently attached to the hotel.

In other news, I switched back to the Flex plan on Weight Watchers. I had been doing the Core plan for about eight weeks, and although I did enjoy it, toward the end I started to feel too restricted. It doesn't help that I don't like to cook. Now that I'm back on Flex, I feel more control over myself again, which is a great relief.

No comments: