Friday, May 18, 2007

Everything IS Ninja Training

I've learned that everything I do is training to be a ninja. When the new dojo was being put together, we hardworking students carried numerous 10' boards across the ice (it was February in Wisconsin, after all), making sure not to collide with any other plank-wielding person.

"Ninja training," Sensei said as he handed me my boards.

After that, *everything* became ninja training. Painting the walls of the new dojo was ninja training. I remember asking Keith, who was my painting partner in crime, if he thought this was some sort of Karate Kid-like training thing, where we were being taught how to do something through the clever use of a mundane task. Keith probably thought the paint fumes got to me. And no, alas, we were just painting the walls. But I *did* learn that I'm damn good at edging. In fact, I was referred to as an "Edging Master." Take from that what you will.

So now everything is ninja training, and I make the joke every chance I get. Dodging bunnies that are repeatedly circling my feet as I try to walk? Ninja training. Showing someone how to use Indexes in Access? Ninja training. Jujutsu....well, that's *obviously* ninja training.

I think those few paragraphs sum me up pretty well. I'm an oddball. I make noises with my mouth just to amuse myself (or annoy others). I roleplay. I take martial arts. I type so fast that jokes are made about me melting my keyboards. I've also graduated from college cum laude despite having three F's on my transcript. And as of last week I've lost 114 pounds through eating healthy and exercising. So yeah, all in all, a pretty normal girl. ;)

No comments: