Friday, July 6, 2007

The past two days were fun, but very hectic. John's sister Angie got married on July 4th. I was sort of the self-appointed backup photographer, and shockingly enough the pictures turned out really well.

It was also a LOT of running around, not getting much sleep, etc. And I stuffed my face pretty bad. Not as bad as I once would have, but let's just say that my body hates me right now. As of today I'm officially detoxing by not touching anything with sugar in it.

I looked really good for the wedding, and was very happy to wear a size 8 dress.

John and I were together from 2pm on Wednesday until 9pm last night, and I have to say that being apart from him today has been sort of rough. I hardly ever get to spend that much alone time with him, so it was VERY welcome. And now I miss him.

He was so sweet to me, and looked absolutely incredibly handsome in his suit at the wedding. I even managed to get a couple pictures of him smiling, which is awesome.

Yesterday morning we went swimming at the hotel before heading off to the wedding site to help his mom take back the wedding decorations. Rather, HE swam and I sort of shivered a lot in the pool and had him just sort of hold on to me to keep me warm. Real auspicious start to my triathlon training, there.

Oh yeah, I'm officially declaring that I'm going to start training for a triathlon! I have the running part down, can probably do the biking part, but the swimming part is sort of non-existent at this point for me. I did order a swim cap and goggles though, and my training will begin next week. I have almost a year to get ready, which should be sufficient.

No comments: