Monday, July 23, 2007

After the 5K I had on Thursday, I had *another* 5K on Saturday morning. Keith was in rare form, forgetting his bib, his timing chip that I had paid for that he picked up AHEAD OF TIME, and for which I will get charged since he can't find it (GRRRR), so when we actually lined up for the race, we had about 10 seconds to get mentally prepped for it, AND we started behind all of the runners and walkers, and there were about 1,300 people in this particular race.

All that being said, I ran my fastest 5K yet. Thankfully I had my Nike+ kit on, and it tracked me at roughly 10:30-minute miles, which makes me really happy. I'm really looking for a sub 30-minute 5K, and I'm getting pretty close to it!

But honestly, I'm just happy I could run two good 5Ks in three days, in addition to Weapons class, walking around Festa Italiana for a few hours, AND going to Jujutsu on Saturday after the second race.

I took a much-deserved break from exercise yesterday, probably my first day off in a month.

In other (semi) related news, Sensei sent out an email about Ninja Camp. Two days of training in martial arts (Ninpo included), archery, shuriken-throwing, woods training, weapons, etc. That's going to be awesome, and then I can make all of the "This one time at Ninja Camp.." jokes.

No comments: