Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another 5K down...one more to go this week. Yes, I am insane for registering for two 5K races less than 48 hours apart. Not to mention the fact that I have Weapons class tomorrow night, and Jujutsu after the 5K on Saturday.

I'm happy to say that I beat my PR by over two minutes. I came in at 33:40, I believe, which equates to around 11-minute miles. That's a far cry from the 42:18 I did at my first race. Granted, that WAS during a blizzard, but still. Eventually I WILL break that 10-minute mile mark. I can't help it if i have shorter legs than most.

The course was beautiful. It went along Lake Michigan, and then wound around a lagoon before heading back to the Summerfest grounds. I believe the Irish Fest 5K is going to be similar. The 5K on Saturday will be taking place at Miller Park, which should be interesting.

After the 5K, Keith and I wandered around Festa Italiana for a couple of hours, so needless to say, I'm pretty tired. Off to bed I go! :)

No comments: