Thursday, June 7, 2007

Not much to say

The weather here has been, to quote Sensei and his wife, "wonky" lately. Very humid, and fluctuating between the 50's and the 90's. What's up with that?

At any rate, I'm doing pretty well right now. I just picked up a beautiful book called "The Japanese Kitchen" and the recipes look awesome. I just wish we had more Japanese grocers in Milwaukee.

Slightly tangential from that, Sensei hinted that I might be testing for 8th Kyu on Saturday. Better make sure to practice with Keith even more!

I'm now signed up for four 5K races in the next three months. This last one, the Run/Walk to IrishFest, includes a fundraiser. It's to support the Arthritis Foundation. I think the only person who reads this blog besides myself is my boyfriend, and he already donated, but if anyone would like to sponsor me, I would think you were one of the coolest people ever. However, good wishes for my run would be happily accepted, too. :)

But just in case, the link to my donation page is here: http://runwalktoirishfest.kintera.org/tlgondek

No comments: