Friday, June 8, 2007

Despite the massive storm warnings, humidity, and wind gusts, Keith and I ran along the lake last night. We decided to try the hill on Ravine Drive. Now, I've read things about past Superuns (the 5K were doing in a few weeks), and people actually WARN about this hill. I've driven along it, and it does seem steep, so I felt a little apprehensive. It's winding and about 1/4 mile long.

As it turns out, it wasn't bad at all. In fact, we nailed it. At the top Keith said he felt like he wanted to die. Me, being the good friend I am, made him keep going. I wasn't going to let him walk. For one thing, I knew we were physically capable of continuing to run even after getting to the top, and in fact we will have to do just that come race day. The second part was mental. I wasn't going to let the feeling of HAVING to walk demoralize either of us. So we kept running, and did great. I feel a lot better about the Superun.

On a more negative note, I'm currently up four pounds from last week, despite being stellar for the past six days. I *know* it's just the weather and my body acting wonky (now that I think about it, I used that word even before hearing Sensei say it), but it's still a bit discouraging, because I was SO hoping on breaking below 150 pounds this week. Ah well. It'll hopefully happen next week.

No comments: