Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I just got home from the Superun (25th anniversary!), benefitting Special Olympics. It was a very difficult run, due to the heat and the humidity. Actually, I was doing pretty well up until just a little past Ravine Drive. I made it up the hill (a lot of people only walked it), but I had an asthma attack about a minute after hitting the top. Even WITH the hill, even with the heat, humidity, and the fact that I haven't really run in almost two weeks because of my ankle, I still came in at 37 minutes, which isn't bad for me at all.

I'll do a lot better at my next two 5Ks, which are about a day and a half from each other in the third week of July.

Today also marks one and a half years, exactly, on Weight Watchers. What a way to celebrate, hey? Running 3.1 miles in about 70% humidity.

Saturday was the first time I've been under 150 pounds since I was 16 years old, so I've been hitting all sorts of milestones and special occasions lately.

Officially I'm down 116.2 pounds, with 16.8 ^@&!ing pounds to go. They aren't kidding when they say the last 20 are a bitch to lose.

No comments: