Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Keith and I passed 5th Kyu last night, each of us earning a 97 on our test. W00T!! I write down the score more for my own memory than to brag. Actually, there's no bragging at all in it. It's all because I've already forgotten what my first two belt Kyu test scores were. I think a 97 and a 96, but I'm not positive. I'll have to ask Sensei if he has them.

The test was a huge surprise. My shoulder is "jacked up" as a friend puts it, and the doctor said I strained my *mumblesomethingLatinmumble*, and I told Sensei that last night, but he said we were going to test anyway.

Even though I was surprised, I wasn't terribly nervous. I figured I'm ready for it, and if I'm not, I can test again some other time. It went pretty well! Our traditional technique, Katamuna Dori, was probably the best one I'd ever done. And Sensei was kind to my poor shoulder, and had Keith do Ura Gyaku Henka Dori on someone else. It's a technique that involves several different locks, mostly of the shoulder.

Now Keith and I are on to 4th Kyu! Sweet. :)